How to Manually Configure Your Email Account on Your iPhone
Posted by Phil (Netcetera) on 26 October 2012 11:24 AM
Many people who have an iPhone wish to access their emails at any time while on the go. However, manually configuring an email account is often tricky. This article will give you a step by step guide on how to manually configure your email account on your iPhone (running iOS 4 or higher).
The hardest part of configuring your email account manually is knowing what information you need to enter. Once you have the information, configuring the rest of your account is very easy! Therefore, before we begin, let’s figure out what information we need!
Email address: the email address for the account that you are trying to set up
Now that we have the information ready, let’s set up the email account on your iPhone!
1) From your home screen, tap the Settings icon
2) Tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars button
3) In the Accounts section, tap on Add Account…
4) Tap Other
5) Under the Mail section, tap on Add Mail Account
6) For Name, enter your name. For Email, enter the email address that you are setting up. For Password, enter the password for the email address. For Description, enter your account description.
Although your phone says that the following fields are optional, they are actually required to set up the email account
7) For both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server, you will be entering the same information. For Host Name, enter your server name. This will most likely be mail.YourDomain.com. If mail.YourDomain.com doesn’t work, then enter mail.netcetera.co.uk For User Name, enter the email address that you are setting up. For Password, enter the password for the email address.
Tap Save to finish configuring your email account. You will then be taken back to the Mail screen where your new email account will be listed. If you encounter an error, please double check that your information is entered properly, or that your server name is correct. If you continue experiencing difficulties manually configuring your email account, feel free to open a support ticket.