Knowledgebase: Dedicated Server
When I try to connect to my server via RDC,I receive this message - The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections,how do I fix this?
Posted by Phil (Netcetera) on 07 January 2008 02:13 PM
1. Go to Start - Run and type in cmd and press ok|
2. at the command prompt type in the following command:
mstsc /console /v:inetcxxx.inetc.net
where inetcxxx.inetc.net is the hostname of the server, and press return
3. A normal Remote desktop style screen will appear. Log in using your normal username and password.
4. To check for users active on the machine, RIGHT click the task bar (bottom of the screen in the remote desktop window) and click Task Manager
5. Click on the users tab and disconnect/logoff any users that should be disconnected/logged off.
6. Try connecting normally again