Knowledgebase: Dedicated Server
Why can I not seem to log in to my FrontPage web on my dedicated server, even though I have the correct username and password?
Posted by Phil (Netcetera) on 07 January 2008 02:13 PM
Problems may ensue if Challenge Response Authentication is used or Integrated Windows Authentication is used. You can tell if you have those authentication scheme set up by going to the site in FrontPage XP/2002. You will see a authentication dialog box with three boxes. |
To fix the problem you need to use basic authentication instead. This can be achieved by changing a setting in IIS for the website in question as follows:
1. Go in to the Internet Service Manager MMC
2. RIGHT click the machine name (inetcxx)
3. Click on Properties
4. Click on the Directory Security tab
5. Click the Edit button (at the top)
6. Place a tick in Basic Authentication
7. Untick "Integrated Windows Authentication" - Press OK - Press yes - select your web sites in the list - press ok.
8. Try publishing to your web sites now