How to install Umbraco CMS via your control panel
Posted by Phil (Netcetera) on 07 March 2011 10:08 PM
This knowledgebase article will give you a step by step guide on how to install Umbraco CMS from your Control Panel. Sign into your Control Panel at https://cp.netcetera.co.uk and follow these steps:
1) Click Microsoft Web App Gallery
2) Find and click Umbraco CMS,then press 'Install'
3) Press Next
4) Select the Website you wish to install Umbraco on
5) Leave this empty if you wish to install Umbraco CMS on the root of your website
6) Leave this as SQL Server 2008
7) Select 'Create new database' or you can use an existing Database if you wish,but in this article we will create a new Database.
8) Enter a name for your database
10)Enter a Password for your Database
11) Press Launch Umbraco CMS
12) Click on 'Lets get Started'
13) Click on 'Accept and Continue'
14) Click on 'Yes'
15)The Database fields should be pre-filled with your database details,so all you need to do is click 'Install'
18) Fill in the required fields and press 'Create User'
19) Umbraco is now installed - you can now install a Starter Kit - or you can skip this step if you wish by selecting 'No Thanks'